The Shroud of Turin is a centuries old linen cloth that bears the image of a crucified man. A man that millions believe to be Jesus of Nazareth. Is it really the cloth that wrapped his crucified body, or is it simply a medieval forgery, a hoax perpetrated by some clever artist? Modern science has completed hundreds of thousands of hours of detailed study and intense research on the Shroud. It is, in fact, the single most studied artifact in human history, and we know more about it today than we ever have before. And yet, the controversy still rages. This web site will keep you abreast of current research, provide you with accurate data from the previous research and let you interact with the researchers themselves. We believe that if you have access to the facts, you can make up your own mind about the Shroud. Make sure you visit the page where you can Examine the Shroud of Turin for yourself. We hope you enjoy your visit. Barrie M. Schwortz, Editor.
- Late Breaking Website News: Website updates & latest Shroud news ALWAYS START HERE!
- Examine the Shroud of Turin: View the Shroud in closeup detail - En Español *INTERACTIVE PAGE*
- Frequently Asked Questions: Find answers to commonly asked questions - En Español
- A Message From Your Host: The goals of this website - En Español
- Shroud of Turin Education and Research Association, Inc. - En Español: Learn about STERA, Inc. and read our Mission Statement - En Español
- Make a Tax Deductible Contribution by Mail
- Safely Make an Online Contribution via our Secure Contribution Form
- STERA, Inc. Image Library: View an online catalog of nearly 300 images currently available from our various collections. Ideal for authors, publishers, picture researchers and producers to select and license reproduction quality images for use in books, magazines, TV documentaries, etc., but fun for everyone!
- Links To More Information: Links to many Shroud Related Websites
- Shroud Speakers Directory: Find a Shroud lecturer for your group or organization
- Comments From Our Viewers: Read comments & view Country List
- Send Us E-Mail or Subscribe to Our Mailing List: New! Join our mailing list from your smart phone!
- Website Store: Order Shroud Photographs, Replicas, Videos, Books and more
- The 1978 Scientific Examination: Details and photographs of the STURP Team's 1978 examination of the Shroud
- Summary of STURP's Conclusions
- Bibliography of STURP's Published Papers
- List of the STURP Team Members
- The VP-8 Image Analyzer
- The 1997 Fire: Details of the 1997 fire that seriously threatened the Shroud (includes photos & link to video of Shroud's rescue) En Español
- British Society for the Turin Shroud: Complete BSTS Newsletter Archives and more
- Collegamento pro Sindone Page: English translations of selected articles originally published in Italian with brief synopsis of each
- Collegamento pro Sindone Links: Direct links to articles (via Website Library)
- Collegamento pro Sindone Website: Link to the excellent Italian/English website of Emanuela and Maurizio Marinelli
- Comments on the 2002 Restoration of the Shroud: Read what the experts think
- Reflections On The Shroud: Read the personal reflections of noted Shroud researchers
- Religion & Philosophy Page: Articles Listed Alphabetically by Title - includes brief synopsis of each
- Religion & Philosophy List: Articles Listed Alphabetically by Author's Last Name (via Website Library)
- Scientific Papers & Articles Page: Papers Listed Alphabetically by Title - includes brief synopsis of each
- Scientific Papers & Articles List: Papers Listed Alphabetically by Author's Last Name (via Website Library)
- Shroud Booklist: Most extensive listing of Shroud books available
- Shroud Books Online: Listing of some of the many books available via the Internet
- Shroud Centers & Organizations: Listing of Shroud centers and organizations, worldwide, by country
- Shroud Conferences & Symposia Page: Overview of many conferences and links to conference pages
- Shroud Conferences & Symposia Links: Direct links to conference papers (via Website Library)
- Shroud Conservation & Preservation: Focuses on future efforts of science to preserve the Shroud of Turin and its image.
- Shroud Exhibitions: Info on the 2010 Exposition and previous public exhibitions
- Shroud History: The documented history of the Shroud 1349 - Present
- Shroud Spectrum International: The archives of the dedicated, peer reviewed Shroud journal published by Dorothy Crispino from 1981-1993
- Website Library: Review and access hundreds of links to the in depth content of this website
- Website News Page Archives: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996
Scan with your mobile device to Join Our Mailing List
Trademark and Copyright Information...
Trademarked names and copyrighted works appear on this website. All use of such names or works is for editorial purposes only and solely to the benefit of the trademark or copyright owner, with no intention of infringing upon that trademark or copyright. The entire contents of this website are Copyright 1996-2013 Shroud of Turin Education and Research Association, Inc. (STERA, Inc.), All Rights Reserved, unless otherwise noted. Images of the Shroud of Turin and related photographs appearing on this website are ©1978 Barrie M. Schwortz Collection, STERA, Inc., unless otherwise noted. Access to this site does not grant any rights to copy, publish, sell, license, distribute or use any included materials, including photographs, text, backgrounds or design elements in any form or media, without the expressed and written permission of the individual copyright holders. Editorial opinions expressed are solely those of the respective authors.